The following information is provided to assist local school districts regarding Ohio Truancy requirements, navigating court processes and procedures, and filing official truancy Complaints with the Lorain County Domestic Relations Court. Information on this site is for educational purposes only, and it should not be construed as legal advice. If you have specific legal questions, please consult with an attorney.
Ohio Department of Education – Attendance Support
- Ohio’s Attendance Laws FAQ
- Sample Absence Intervention Team Checklist
- State Board of Education Model Policy
- Student Attendance Requirements at Internet or Computer-Based Community Schools
Other School Resources
Examples of Attendance Forms from ODE
Please visit the ODE Attendance Support page below for the most updated sample forms and school resource information.
Supreme Court of Ohio – Truancy Resources
Lorain County Juvenile Court Information & Resources
Truancy resources from LCDRC
- Sample Absence Intervention Plan
- Truancy Presentation: The Why
- Truancy Presentation: Best Practices
- 2023-24 Barriers and Interventions -Truancy Resources
*All Complaints must be e-filed. In addition to the Complaint, a Complaint Checklist and accompanying document must be submitted to the Court.
- Complaint Checklist (Fillable PDF)
- Juvenile Truancy Complaint (Fillable PDF) (Word)
- Adult Truancy Complaint (Fillable PDF) (Word)
Lorain County Juvenile Court Assessment & Resource Center
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 9:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday, 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- ASSESSMENT CENTER BROCHURE
- Walk-ins welcome!